Time & Location
Although COVID-19 cases are finally on the decline, Michigan healthcare providers continue to battle an ever-growing overdose epidemic. According to new data from the CDC, the U.S. saw 90,000 overdose deaths in 2020; the most on record since the CDC started tracking those statistics in 1999.
Now, supported by recent legislation and grants from the state, our healthcare providers are working to improve the level of care for those affected by Substance Use Disorders (SUDs) and eradicate long-ingrained stigma that compromises care for patients in need.
At our August Family Forum, Washtenaw FAN will host a panel of experts representative of some of Michigan’s largest healthcare systems who are committed to changing the way we view and treat SUDs. Join us for this engaging discussion on much needed SUD-treatment reform and learn how health systems can use empathetic, evidence-based treatments to go beyond treating overdoses, and to treat the underlying disease of addiction, as well.
Our panel for our Free Zoom Webinar will feature:
- Sarah Wedepohl – Director of Health Initiatives, Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- Michael Gratson, MD, and Matthew Orsey – Beaumont Health
- Andrew King, MD – Detroit Medical Center
- Michaelina Bolton, MD, and Ryan Reece, MD – Hurley Medical Center
- Mark Weiner, MD – IHA/Trinity Health
- Emily McCall, LMSW, CAADC – Michigan Medicine
- David Yanga, MD – Ascension